Clothesline Art Sale - call for work
The Clothsline Art Sale was an Art Colony fundraiser from years past and we are bringing it back by popular demand this year.
Clothesline Art Sale Fundraiser – Call for Artists
Since 1947, the Grand Marais Art Colony has cultivated a relationship between outdoor inspiration and artistic pursuit inspired by the surrounding wilderness and Lake Superior. The facilities include visual arts, clay, glass, and printmaking studios. With over 100 classes for all skill levels and ages, studio access for experienced artists, and numerous community events, the Art Colony is a sanctuary for all creative spirits
The Grand Marais Art Colony is hosting a fundraiser to support our programming and services. The “Clothesline Art Sale” will feature 5x7 works hung in our festival booth during the Grand Marais Arts Festival, July 13 – 14. Each piece will be sold for $35.
to donate 1 or more pieces of original works
in any media that is hangable (room for a few 3-D items to sit on the table too). Draw, paint, collage, sketch, print, stitch, stamp – have fun while supporting the Art Colony! The works will be signed on the backside (or bottom) only so donors will not know who created their work until after it is purchased. Names of participating artists will be listed in promotional materials for the event
Please submit work by July 8, 2013
. For more info, please contact email@example.com
Submission Guidelines – Due July 8, 2013
- Please submit 1 or more original artwork (s) that measures no more than 5”w x 7”h. At minimum the surface should be a 140# heavyweight paper. (Photographs or other lighter surfaced media can be attached to this weight paper.)
- 3-D work may not exceed 10” in any direction. (Jewelry can be mounted to hang or display for the table.)
- No frames or mats
- Sign the back (or bottom) of the piece(s)
- Pencil an arrow on the back of the work(s) to indicate the "top" of the piece.
- Carefully wrap dry artwork in glassine, or plain paper and place between pieces of thin cardboard for mailing or drop-off.
- Please print and include the Receipt Form and mail/drop off to:
Grand Marais Art Colony:
PO Box 626
120 W. 3rd Ave
Grand Marais, MN 55604
- Deadline is July 8, 2013 – please feel free to submit early
- If you would like unsold artwork returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. All unsold artwork that has not been requested to be returned will continue to be on-display and sold in the Art Colony mini gallery.
- Artists with sold work or work that is to remain on display at the Art Colony is considered a donation to the Art Colony and will receive an acknowledgement letter after the sale.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to all News