Join us for a Skype conversation with Sheila Smith, Executive Director for the MN Citizens for the arts.
Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA) is a statewide arts advocacy organization that organizes the arts community to lobby the Minnesota State Legislature and Congress whose mission is to ensure opportunity for all people to have access to and involvement in the arts.
MCA’s goals include:
- To ensure access to the arts for all Minnesotans by working to protect, and if possible
- increase, state appropriations to the arts in Minnesota
- Recognizing and encouraging the public’s engagement with and support of nonprofits by working to promote and maintain tax policies beneficial to charitable giving, arts philanthropy and nonprofit arts organizations
- To support the inclusion of arts as a basic requirement in Minnesota school
- To support federal funding of the arts and enlightened national tax policies for charities
- To support a state role in providing resources to create cultural infrastructure in Minnesota
This event is free and open to all.
- February 20, 2019
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm