This event has been cancelled due to inclement weather.
Attention all mid-career Minnesota-based book artists! Minnesota Center for Book Arts (MCBA) has partnered with the McKnight Foundation to offer two $25,000 fellowship programs in the field of book arts. The Art Colony will host Torey Erin, Exhibition and Artist Programs Manager at MCBA for an information session about the fellowship and will field any questions of interest.
The fellowship allows Minnesota book artists to set aside time for study, reflection, opportunities, new projects, experimentation, and exploration.
Fellowship benefits include:
- An unrestricted $25,000 award
- Funding for professional digital documentation of artwork
- MCBA Artist Collective membership during fellowship year
- Two studio visits from a national critic/curator/artist
- Featured participation in a public artist panel at Open Book
- Travel honorarium to attend one conference during the fellowship year
- Opportunity to attend an artist residency program
MCBA is committed to book art, artists and appreciators. Our mission is achieved through quality programs that support a broad continuum of creators, learners and admirers. We lead the field by promoting innovation, sustaining traditions, educating new enthusiasts, inspiring creative expression and honoring artistic excellence. From the traditional crafts of papermaking, letterpress printing and bookbinding to new methods of art-making and communication, MCBA supports the limitless creative development of book arts.
- January 17, 2020
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm