The Art Colony publishes a beautiful print catalog each year, highlighting its programs and events. Thanks to Sek Design in Duluth, Minnesota, this year’s catalog is better than ever!
The problem is, due to COVID-19, most of the content of this year’s catalog is obsolete. So we are getting snarky with COVID, and we invite you to join us in making art from our catalogs!
WHERE TO PICK UP A CATALOG
Art Colony: 120 W 3rd Avenue on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am – 3 pm.
Lake Superior Trading Post (10 S 1st Avenue West)
Note that we are not able to send out individual catalogs.
There is some criteria, just to make it interesting, and also to allow us to hang finished pieces:
- Only use the pages of the catalog to create your piece, no additional elements.
- Participants CAN use:
- Pieces need to be ready to hang with string or wire
- Because our window space is only so large and we will be hanging all work that comes our way, we request that your piece is no larger than 18 inches in length or height.
- Low relief and 3-D work are accepted no larger than 8 inches in depth.
Get creative! Do a search on pinterest or online to find an enormous number of sites that give you ideas about what you can do with outdated catalogs. Think outside the box!
You can send your piece in, but note that we will not be paying to send them back, so include a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelop) if you want it back or, you can plan to pick up your piece on de-install day: August 31, 2020, from 1 – 3 pm.
- Deadline for submissions is Thursday, July 30, 2020
- Send your piece in by mail to PO Box 626, Grand Marais, MN 55604
- Or drop off at Studio 21 (21 Hwy 61) between 1 – 3 pm on July 30
Exhibition will be up from August 3 – August 31, 2020 in the window of our new building at 17 West Highway 61.
Participants who don’t want to send in a piece are welcome to send a photo of their piece to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of which will be shared via social media.
- July 1, 2020 - July 30, 2020
9:00 am - 3:00 pm