For nearly 75 years, the Grand Marais Art Colony has supported the work of artists and writers. We are heading outside the shared studio space to the virtual realm. We invite you to continue in your practice with the support of a mentor, who can provide you with input, accountability, and additional direction or resources.
Mentoring sessions are one-hour in length, tailored to address your aesthetic, professional, and craft questions. Upon registration, students will receive a survey to select a mentor subject and tell us more about their needs.
Donna is available to connect with artists on the following topics:
- Portfolio Review
- Input and guidance on current in-progress work
- Goal setting for short and long-term projects
- Get out of the Box: Exercises for experimentation and risk-taking
- Discussion of materials and supplies
- Marketing: matching your artistic vision with how you share your work
- Identifying professional opportunities, such as exhibitions, residencies, or funding sources
- Crafting an artist statement or bio
- Studio practice and developing a sustainable work environment
Donna Bruni is an abstract painter who creates oil paintings that blend elements of nature with abstraction through layered surfaces of color. Donna grew up in Yardley, Pennsylvania, and began her career in the arts as a graphic designer in New York. After relocating to Minneapolis, she received a BA from the University of Minnesota, where she studied painting and cross-cultural healing practices. Her paintings are held in public and private collections throughout the United States. Her work is represented by Douglas Flanders & Associates, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Various Wednesdays and Thursdays | 12 – 1 PM and 2 – 3 PM
October 14, 2020 - February 11, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm